The NPCC new Pipe Coating facility at Mussafah occupies an area of 140,000 square meters including covered and open storage areas for Iron ore, bare pipes, coated pipes and coating material. These facilities include:
- Coal-Tar Enamel Anti-Corrosion Coating (CTE) Plant processing pipes ranging from 4" to 48" in outer diameter
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy (FBE), Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP) Plant processes coating for pipes ranging from 3" to 48"
in outer diameter
- Concrete Weight Coating (CC) Plant with facilities for anode installation
- Internal Pipe Cleaning Machine. The shot/grit blasting process for pipes from 18" to 48" in diameter.
- On-bottom stability calculations